- Beauty & Style
- Contact Us
Like Us, Follow Us
Your lifestyle, your quirk
Adele’s style seems to transcend decades. Her all-black wardrobe and big hair scream classic ’50s and ’60s glamour. Nothing pulls the looks together quite as well as her flawless makeup, as seen at the 2012 Grammy Awards. You can achieve Adele’s gorgeous Grammy look with these steps.
1. Start by recreating Adele’s flawless skin. Use a primer, like Smashbox PhotoFinish, and apply foundation to even out skin tone. Carefully use concealer and foundation to cover up undereye circles. Bright, fresh eyes are the focal point of this look. Shiny skin shouldn’t take attention away from your eyes, so keep your skin matte by applying powder.
2. Find an eye shadow close to natural skin tones, like Maybelline’s Expertwear Eye Shadow Duo in Browntones. Spread the lighter color across your entire eyelid, using just a touch of the darker shadow in the outer crease and corner.
3. Eyeliner is key to this look. One trick to getting the straight line of a pencil with the intensity of a liquid liner is to use both. Draw the line you want with a black eyeliner pencil, then follow it with the liquid liner. For this look, you’ll need to create a thick line that flicks into a cat’s eye-like line at the outer corner. Follow the lash line until just before the outer crease, then curve the line upwards. You may have to draw two lines stacked on top of one another to achieve the thickness of Adele’s liner.
4. What makes Adele’s eyes really stand out is fake lashes – and lots of them, her makeup artist may have even used two sets. Choose long, full false lashes, so you’ll only have to apply one full set. You can also use individual lashes in addition to the full set to build up volume at the outer corners. Holding the lashes with a pair of tweezers, carefully apply lash glue along the base. Let stand for a few seconds to allow the glue to become tacky (they won’t stick if you apply them directly to your lid – I learned the hard way). Once the glue has become tacky, carefully bring the lashes to your lid and apply them as close to the lash line as possible.
Press on either side of the lashes for 30 seconds to 1 minute for the glue to adhere. If you want Adele’s double set of lashes, you can repeat the process with another set, or just strategically place a few individual lashes at the outer corner (a much simpler task). Once you have your desired amount of lashes, use an eyelash curler to curl all of the lashes, real and fake, into the same shape. Apply black mascara, as it will adhere the lashes together and make them look cohesive.
5. Red lips finish the look. Use a red lip liner pencil to outline your lips then color in the entire lip with the pencil (this will help the look last; by the end of the night, Adele’s lip color was gone). Then apply your favorite bright matte red lipstick.
Now that you’ve got Adele’s look, go out and win something! It might not be a Grammy, but it could be a smile from a crush-worthy person.