As I get ready to head off to college, I’ve been collecting tips and tricks from all over the place. They’re just a conglomeration of ideas and inspiration from things like magazines, books, and the Internet. I think we all do this to some extent, but it’s hard to share little tidbits when they don’t all fall under one category. So I’ve decided to house them in this article.
This list is basically a collection of random life tips, advice, and ideas. Some concern women specifically, while others are a bit more general and aim to save you money. Since they’re random, you can browse through and pick and choose which are your favorites. Enjoy!
- Bottom eyeliner can be aging on older women, or those with deep-set eyes. If you must use bottom liner, simply line only the last third of your eye, and keep it soft.
- Take two sizes of pants to the dressing room and try on the bigger size first. Trying on the smaller size often tricks you into buying pants that will shrink and not fit after a while. A size up can also be very flattering!
- Instead of purchasing a magazine, take a trip to a newsstand, magazine aisle, or Books-a-Million. Run through the magazine you’re interested in and snap photos of pages or stories you find interesting. That way, you keep only what you like, you’ve got the information on your cell phone at all times, and you saved five dollars or more!
- Putting lemon juice in your water can aid with digestion.
- Eating foods that are sugary (think: pancakes, waffles) for breakfast can make you sluggish. Stick to fruits, oatmeal, or other healthy alternatives!
- If you have acne on the lower half of your cheeks, or only on one side of your face, clean your phone! The germs and bacteria on your house and cell phone could be breaking you out. Just grab a cotton ball and douse it in Germ-X or a similar product and clean for thirty seconds.
- Cleaning a little at a time saves you from having to spend hours in one day. If you don’t let mess accumulate, you won’t have a mess to clean!
- Toothpaste is a great pimple-killer. Smear some on a spot and leave overnight. Rinse off in the morning.
I hope these random tips help you somewhere along the way. I know that I use them frequently!
Please share this article