- Beauty & Style
- Contact Us
Like Us, Follow Us
Your lifestyle, your quirk
If the weather allows, I like to sit out on the balcony in the morning and have my coffee. Maybe I am way too anxious for fall so I can break out more cold weather fashions, but for the last couple of days I can swear I can feel a chill in the air. My first thought was, “Finally! I can get my faux on.”
I really don’t care for extreme weather, hot or cold, but one of the silver linings of cooler weather, is it’s an opportunity to wear fur. Please note whenever I refer to fur, I mean the fake synthetic man-made stuff. Manufacturers do such a fabulous job mimicking the real thing these days, I can’t see the need for the real stuff anymore.
Whatever is your favorite faux fur – fox, chinchilla, ermine or bear – you name it, they can create it. My favorite is brown ranch mink, preferably without the “grill” lines, but I will take it either way. Faux fur can be a little intimidating if you’re not used to it or more on the conservative side, but don’t be afraid to have some fun and wear it. The only rule that I am going to endorse is to please make it faux; if you absolutely must wear the real thing, go for authentic vintage pieces.
You may want to stick with natural colors just to get a little more wear out of your furry fashions. But if really fun fur is your cup of tea and you love a particular color, by all means go for it. There may not be purple foxes, fuchsia bears, and yellow minks in real life, but there are in fashion.
You can open just about any fashion magazine to see this fun fashion trend in play, but here are a few of my favorites for getting my faux fur on:
1. A strapless or one shoulder dress with faux fur stole or choker.
2. Wearing a sleeveless dress, top or sweater with fur cuffs.
3. Add a faux mink stole rather than a shawl or sweater.
4. Throw a faux mink vest over a white t-shirt or dress right now and later on over a blazer or coat.
5. Have a faux mink coat? Wear it with jeans or casual clothes during the day rather than waiting for a fancy occasion or night.
6. Wear a faux mink collar and or cuffs with a simple button down shirt for a fun trendy look. If you’re really on a budget and not ready commit to a larger faux fur garment, try something smaller like a faux fur scarf, hat, cocktail ring, shoe clips, or a headband.