- Beauty & Style
- Contact Us
Like Us, Follow Us
Your lifestyle, your quirk
I am a huge fan of unusual oversized necklaces, so this is one of my favorite trends, even if it’s not a hot trend for the rest of the world. Accessories are huge for warm weather 2012, and one of the accessories of the moment is the statement necklace. This trend started a couple of seasons ago, and I don’t think it is ever out of style. Accessories are always a great idea to dress up and change the look of an outfit, but a necklace really does the trick.
If you’re planning to add this item to your wardrobe this season, the key point to remember, no matter where your jewelry tastes run, is always super-size it – you can’t go wrong. The bigger the better is the rule of thumb. From bling to beads, from ethnic to elegant, from metal to petals, anything goes. And if you play your cards right, you can get away with just this piece. Jewelry sets that matched like earrings, necklace, and bracelets were a big trend during several of the retro eras that go further back. Because of this, a matching set of jewelry that includes a fabulous neckpiece is a great way to work a couple of the hot trends going on like the ladylike look. But if you have a necklace with enough oomph, it’s often all you need. In addition to the “properly dressed lady” in a pretty dress, suit, or other ensemble, the catwalks, magazines, and store windows are showing statement necklaces with some not-so-typical outfits.
Here are some ideas:
1. Try wearing an oversized statement necklace with a plain white, button-down, or one of this season’s fun current or retro graphic t-shirts.
2. Wear an oversized necklace over a buttoned up blouse or even a lightweight turtleneck. The point is to make sure it’s over the shirt in full view and not underneath peeking out.
3. For a dramatic look, an oversized statement necklace is stunning on bare shoulders or a one-shoulder top.
4. Try wearing an oversized statement necklace with traditional blue denim or one of this season’s fun pretty colors or prints.
5. To take your work ensembles up a notch, why not try adding an oversized necklace to your basic suit, dress, or a lightweight classic twinset for a look that can be retro or futuristic?
Check out this season’s entire hot trend for jewelry, including pearls. Metal and wood mixed with unusual fabrications and leather is also another cool option to check out for working this trend.