Homecoming is a traditional aspect of autumn school activities and the football season for students everywhere. It doesn’t matter if you’re in high school or college; it’s still fun at any age! Dressing up for the big game is often really important to students, but it can be hard to create outfits with your school’s colors. Read on for tips on sporting your team colors for your upcoming homecoming events!
- High-waisted/50s inspired dress with tights and a cardigan – I recently wore a striped black and white dress with yellow tights and a yellow cardigan for our UNA homecoming. Our colors here are purple and gold, so while I didn’t incorporate purple into the outfit, the white and black worked as neutrals, and the yellow/gold color really showed through. You could add purple in your jewelry, though. Which brings me to…
- Accessories. Simply adding in jewelry or a bag in your school’s colors can add a punch of spirit to any outfit! If you already have a color-themed outfit ready, don’t forget to add in the finishing details, like earrings, bracelets, colored watch bands, etc. It can turn a cute outfit into an amazing outfit! (Shoes count here, too.)
- Colored pants – Nothing adds a pop of color like bright jeans. Yellow, green, red, purple, and orange are all popular colors that you can find pants in. Pair them with a neutral top or one in your school’s color list for a lot of school spirit!
- Makeup – Using eye shadow and colored mascara is a great way to incorporate team colors into your look. You can also be a little wild and use lipstick in the school’s shade. Just be sure to keep the rest of your face neutral and simple, so you don’t come across as having a painted face! “Clown” is definitely NOT in vogue.
- Chalking your hair – Chalking is an easy way to add bright school colors to your hair temporarily. You can do an ombre effect or do small strips, or even focus on tips alone. The good thing here is that it’s not as damaging as hair dye and washed out the next time you shower! Read my article on hair chalking for instructions on how to do it.
I hope these outfit ideas help you decide what you’re going to wear to the next big game!
Please share this article