- Beauty & Style
- Contact Us
Like Us, Follow Us
Your lifestyle, your quirk
Most of us who are into fashion make great efforts to keep our wardrobe up to date, but things change so fast it can get to be a little pricey. There are lots of ways for you to keep up without spending too much, like waiting for a sale, but this year it may be a bit easier to keep up with the Jonses, so to speak, since several of the hot trends we are seeing are actually repeat performances.
Now, I am not saying you won’t have to shop at all, but this year it’s possible for each and every fashionista to keep their wardrobe up to the minute without spending a lot of money. It just takes a little thought, creativity, and styling.
If you can’t actually shop in stores or on the net, you can probably shop your own closet (or a friend’s) to put together fabulous fall outfits. Some of the repeat trends I’ve noticed include:
1. Bright, jewel-toned colors are now showing up in heavier fabrics and cool weather accessories. Instead of making a purchase, try working in a few warm weather items you may already have in bright colors, like cotton, denim, and prints to cooler weather basics.
2. Prints – Animal prints are practically timeless. Other prints that are in include polka dots, florals, and geometrics. These prints are still on trend for fall 2012; if you have accessories or transitional pieces in any of these prints, keep them out and work them into your wardrobe.
3. Shine – Anything with glitz, like sequins and glitter and gold and silver-toned accessories, are in. A sequin mini or shorts can be winterized with cool hosiery like tights or knee socks. Don’t forget to wear those glitter or sequined sunglasses
4. Mixing Prints – It’s the same rule as we had for the warm months: there are no rules! Have fun.
5. The menswear influence is still going strong for clothing, accessories, and footwear. Create layered outfits by using warm weather pieces with cool weather basics like a lightweight vest over an oversized button-down or nubby crewneck sweater.
7. Denim. Anything denim, from Daisy Dukes to overalls.