Smoothies are a great way to get all of the nutrients and vitamins you need in a day, and are also a great way to start your morning! Smoothies are often quick and easy to make, and they’re portable, making them the perfect breakfast-on-the-go for busy students and moms.
Here’s my super-simple recipe for a smoothie that makes about two servings – drink one today and chill the other for tomorrow!
Things You’ll Need
One cup banana and strawberry yogurt
One small can of pineapple juice
Protein powder (optional)
Aloe vera juice (optional)
- Make sure your blender blades are clear of food bits and are cleaned well.
- Slice up your banana (spoons work as knives with soft fruit, so this is kid-friendly).
- Add banana into the blender.
- Grab your yogurt. When I say “cup,” I don’t mean the actual measurement. I mean that you need to purchase a package of Greek yogurt. The flavor keeps it from being too tart and making the smoothie taste bad.
- Pour in the can of pineapple juice. You can purchase these smaller cans with pop-tops in grocery stores in the juice aisle in six-packs.
- Wash your kale and add in one or two leaves after you’ve removed the stems and any wood-y or stem-like parts, such as large veins.
- If you need extra protein (this is great for vegetarians), add in protein powder or a powder version of any vitamin supplement you may take.
- Add in two ounces of aloe vera juice. This helps heal your insides and can benefit your complexion! You can’t taste it at all.
- Add at least a cup of ice, more if desired.
- Blend in high for about 30 seconds, then pulse a few times. You can test the smoothie to see if its a consistency you like or continue to blend. I like my ice rather chunky, and since the ice is the hardest part to blend, it only takes me a few seconds to reach a consistency I like.
- Put into a cup and drink! Put your blender in the fridge if you can. If you can’t, grab a bowl with a lid or a cup with a lid and save the rest for tomorrow morning.
I hope you enjoyed this easy-to-make smoothie!
Please share this article