- Beauty & Style
- Contact Us
Like Us, Follow Us
Your lifestyle, your quirk
Every girl (or boy!) deserves a little TLC now and then. We all need to be pampered, right? But visiting spas and salons frequently can get really, really expensive. The alternative is to do spa treatments right at home, on your own time and on your own dollar. Besides saving a lot of cash, it’s really relaxing to do this stuff at home, and really satisfying to know that you’re skilled enough for the job. So the next time you need a little tending, opt to do it at home, and read the instructions below for some tips on how to create your own spa at home!
Let’s start off with the face. This is the time to open pores and clean deeply. There are several steps to achieving this.
1) Remove any makeup, dirt, or oil with a facial cleanser. My favorite is Cetaphil because it’s so gentle.
2) Exfoliate – After cleansing, exfoliate gently with a store-bought product…or make your own. In a small bowl, mix honey, sugar, and milk until the consistency is suitable. Don’t overdo the sugar or you can make your face raw!
3) Steam – This is a great way to open pores and rejuvenate. The easiest way to do this at home is by using your microwave. Grab a microwave-safe bowl, fill it up with hot water, and put it in for about five to six minutes. The water shouldn’t be boiling, but should have a few bubbles at the bottom and be steaming healthily. Throw a towel over your head and hold your face over the steam for about seven to ten minutes.
Overall body care is just as important if you want to keep yourself feeling good. Here are some tips on keeping your body in great shape all over.
1) Scrubs – The DIY scrub listed above works great for your body as well; you’ll just need to make more of it! You can also use freshly cut oranges to slough off dead skin cells from elbows, knees, etc. Just rub an orange half on the area.
2) Moisturization – One of my favorite things to do is to take a hot bath, then use a ridiculous amount of lotion and wrap up in snuggly pajamas for about twenty minutes. The heat from the pajamas keeps you warm and makes the lotion to sink deep into your skin and keep it soft.
Your feet are just as important (if not more so!) than the rest of your body, and it’s best to treat them as well.
One of my favorite foot tricks is to use my favorite lotion and massage my own feet for ten minutes at the end of a long day. It helps to relieve stress and to take pressure off your feet, which carry around your weight all day!
I hope you enjoy these spa tips and decide to use some of them. Invite your girlfriends over for a day and do it together – good luck!