Halloween is a lot of fun no matter age you are, and it doesn’t really matter if you’re single or taken. You can have a blast either way! But if you are taken, there are plenty of ways to include your spouse or loved one in your Halloween events and activities. Many are best done in groups, anyways, but you can drum up a little spooky fun of your own for you and your sweetie. Here are some ideas!
- Enter a costume contest together. You’re never too old to dress up and enter a contest! This year, Tyrell and I are being Sir Arthur Conan Doyle (author of the Sherlock Holmes novels) and Sherlock himself. It’s going to be a lot of fun! The point is to put your heads together and be creative. You’re coming up with a cool costume idea together and having fun pretending to be other people for a while, plus you might just win some bragging rights!
- Send each other Halloween cards. This may sound a little mundane, but sending hand-written notes and receiving them is a fun little way to make each other’s day. After all, everybody loves getting mail! Make a pumpkin or ghost card yourself, or purchase a cute glittery one and pop it in the mail. If the two of you live together, you can hide the card in his/her briefcase, pocket, purse, etc.
- Go to a Halloween party. Even if you’re not entering a contest, it’s fun to dance and have a good time and drink Halloween punch. Not to mention that seeing all of the spooky decorations is fun.
- Go to a haunted house! Getting the pants scared off of you together is totally great, I promise! You can hide in his shoulder or chest, so that’s a plus. But seriously, make sure he’s wearing some good cologne.
- Watch a scary movie. This is a little less scary than going to a haunted house, but still frightening. I recommend the Jason movies, Halloween-themed movies, or paranormal movies. Gore and guts don’t necessarily make for Halloween-related films or material, and kind of miss the point.
- Carve jack-o-lanterns together. Grab some pumpkins, gut ’em, and carve designs, faces, or patterns in them. Have a contest between each other to see whose is best!
- Bake Halloween treats! Make some ghostly cookies, make a pumpkin pie, or make some candy for trick-or-treaters.
I hope these Halloween ideas let you and your sweetheart have a lot of fun together!
Please share this article