- Beauty & Style
- Contact Us
Like Us, Follow Us
Your lifestyle, your quirk
Halloween…we’ve been covering it all month! But it’s something I don’t think I’d ever get tired of. I love talking about costumes, candy, history, traditions, and ghost stories. It’s so much fun! But alas, all good things must come to an end, and this is one of the last Halloween articles I’ll be writing, because hey…we’re here!
I’d like to list some of my favorite scary movies. I don’t watch that many, to be honest, because I am too easily spooked. But I do have a list of several that I like, so here are my favorites, from least to greatest.
5. Scooby Doo on Zombie Island – I’m going to go ahead and list this one because kids out there don’t have a lot of options to choose from when it comes to scary movies. I watched this when I was in kindergarten and it was terrifying, so, you may want to let kids older than the first grade see it.
4. Paranormal Activity – This is a film I thought was really terrifying the first time I saw it, but the second time, it was actually pretty laughable. That’s why I like it so much – it doesn’t “stick to your ribs.” You can watch it and still sleep. Admittedly, being in plays and acting has really changed the way I look at movies – “Ooh, I wonder how they filmed THAT scene!” So it kind of ruins the scary effect.
3. The Descent – I like this film because of the effects. The makeup and costuming on those monster/zombies is great (see, what I just told you – acting)! I liked the effects a lot, but the story is pretty original too, and it’s got a killer ending, so it’s an interesting horror film.
2. Rob Zombie’s Halloween – This is a really, really creepy movie. We all know that Rob Zombie is a messed up guy, and his directing is fantastic, however deranged it is. If you want something that will stay with you, this is it.
1. Saw – Any of this series just fascinates me. Yes, the plots suck and there are gaping holes in them, but really, whoever came up with all of the ways for people to die must have been awesome! I mean, they’re obviously morbid and crazy, but awesome. I’d love to do something like that.
I hope you enjoy my list of scary movies, and happy Halloween!