- Beauty & Style
- Contact Us
Like Us, Follow Us
Your lifestyle, your quirk
Summer is hot, but that’s part of why we love it. However, it can get uncomfortable, and people often want to congregate by their air conditioning vents and fans. Don’t! Summer only comes once a year, and you should be outside enjoying it! The season will be gone before you know it, and by then it’ll be too cold to get outside anyways. Here are some fun ideas for you, your kids, or anyone else you know to get outside and have a good time, hot or not.
1. Pool parties – Pool parties are a kids’ birthday party staple. We all love the simplicity of renting the local pool for an hour or so and letting the kiddies amuse themselves. It’s a lot of fun and simple to do. But adults have just as much fun doing the same thing. You may not want to rent out a pool, but you can host a swim party at your house if you’ve got your own pool. Serve refreshments and some snacks. A few water games wouldn’t hurt, either.
2. Picnics – It’s a classic, that’s true, but picnics are a lot of fun. You can pack up a lunch and head to the park, your backyard, the woods, wherever you want to go! Just be sure to bring appropriate food and wear bug spray. For more picnicking tips, check out “Summer Picnic Do’s and Don’ts” on SQ.
3. Go for a walk – It’s pretty simple, but just going for a walk can be relaxing and energizing at the same time. Getting outside for ten minutes is enough to get your daily dose of Vitamin D, and walking is a great way to do it! If you’re serious about it, invest in the right shoes and gear. You can also run or jog, participate in marathons, or just walk around the block.
4. Water balloon fight – This option may seem a bit juvenile, I’ll give you that, but I’m here to tell you that I’m eighteen years old and I still love a good water balloon fight. You can play catch with the balloons, make up other games, or simply have an old-fashioned, knock-down, drag-out war (I prefer war).
5. Fishing – If you love being around the water, but don’t necessarily like to swim, fishing is always a great option. You can visit the pond at your local park, your own lake, or the river. Just make sure to be safe and purchase the appropriate fishing license!
6. Camping – This is a fun activity that allows you to get closer to nature…if you want to. You can only take sleeping bags, you can pitch a tent, or you can take a camper. It’s up to you how far you want to go with it!
There are lots of summer activities to join in on; so many, I couldn’t list them all! You can go to an outdoor concert, go shopping at an outlet mall, or even just sit on your porch and watch the cars go by. However you decide to get outside, just remember to be safe and always wear sunscreen!