- Beauty & Style
- Contact Us
Like Us, Follow Us
Your lifestyle, your quirk
We all have summer anthems, no matter what genre of music we listen to. Those anthems bring back memories of summer love, catching fireflies, the beach, and anything we love to do during the hottest season. Music has a big impact on our lives, and this especially seems to hold true for summer. It’s a romanticized season, and for good reason. The music that accompanies the heat is spectacular and keeps you dancing all summer long! Below, a list of our updated summer playlist. The previous one didn’t include the latest singles, so it’s a bit out of date. Enjoy the new and improved version! It’s Summer Music 2.0!
1. Call Me Maybe – Carly Rae Jepsen. I don’t care if you don’t like pop music one bit. I don’t, for one thing, and I love this song! It’s cute and catchy, and Carly’s got a really good voice. The violin in the background adds a little drama to the song, and the lyrics are just plain fun. “Hey, I just met you\and this is crazy\but here’s my number\so call me maybe.” Loads of celebrities have uploaded videos of themselves lip-synching to the hit, so you know it’s a big deal!
2. Gold on the Ceiling – The Black Keys. I am not exaggerating when I tell you that I listened to this song for an hour and a half the other night. I broke a sweat dancing and thrashing to it. The Black Keys are just plain cool, you have to admit, and their new single is completely awesome as well. The synth on the record is amazing and probably the catchiest thing you’ve ever heard in your entire life.
3. Sail – AWOLNATION This song has been out for a while now, but makes you feel epic! The lyrics are easy to learn and the melody is just fantastic. It’s so heavy, so impressive, and so good! You’ve got to listen to this song if you never listen to another “indie” tune in your life.
4. Make Some Noise – Beastie Boys. Yeah, this song is old, but it rocks. It makes you want to get up and dance and party and run around and be a hippie, all at the same time. Well, at least that what it does to me!
5. All I Wanna Do – Sheryl Crow. The ultimate laid-back summer fun song. “All I wanna do\is have some fun\I got a feeling, I’m not the only one.” It’s got really kick-back lyrics, and Crow’s voice is just as amazing as always.
This is a short compilation of some of the best songs to listen to in the summer. If you were to put all of those songs on a CD and listen to them, you’d feel like you’re on top of the world. No need to thank me.