Today’s article is probably the first of a new series: the best viral videos of the week. I like the idea, particularly because it can be hard to keep up with which videos are hot and when they were uploaded. YouTube is a mysterious place, but a little digging can turn up some pretty crazy stuff!
Here’s a quick look at some of the most popular videos this week.
- Call Me Maybe (Dirty Parody) This is probably the single worst video I’ve ever seen. I really don’t understand the appeal. Of course, it’s creative, it’s…unique? It’s certainly got decent cinematography for an amateur, but still. The subject matter is disgusting. What is wrong with people that they’d watch this thirteen million times? The video was actually uploaded two weeks ago, but the large amount of views declares its place here.
- This may not be the biggest video of the week, but it’s Michelle Phan’s new video, and she’s probably the biggest beauty blogger out there. Since we like style so much here at SQ, this is a great video for us. This is a cute nail tutorial for the Fourth of July, Wonder Woman, Captain America, or any patriotic day or superhero. Michelle also does makeup in this video.
- If you check out the most popular videos of the day on YouTube, Smosh is usually on the list. Smosh is the crazy comedy duo made of Ian & Anthony, and they’re probably the most popular act on the Tube. Watch this video about Ian’s new haircut. They uploaded it on July 6 and it already has almost a million views.
- Here’s another parody – it’s Batman in real life! Just listen to his roar, look at his graceful gallop…actually, no, this video is hilarious! I love IRL stuff.
- This video shows how emotional Madonna got at a recent show in Germany. During a rendition of “Like a Virgin,” she broke down in tears.
There you have it – five big videos from this week. If you’re a YouTube prowler, of course there are many more; I’m sure there’s a cat video out there just waiting to be discovered. Have fun! And have a great week, everyone.
Please share this article